For guests of The Sands at Grace Bay or Providenciales visitors looking to explore the nearby Turks & Caicos Islands for a fun day trip, Caribbean Cruisin’ conveniently offers a twice-weekly 75-minute ferry service from Providenciales to South Caicos Island which departs on Friday and Sunday.
Things to do in South Caicos:
South Caicos offers world class snorkeling and diving ‘off the beach’ or a short boat ride away. There’s even an amazing 7000ft reef wall for scuba divers to explore with a few wrecks. You can wander around the sleepy town of Cockburn Harbor and because South Caicos has a thriving fishing, conch and lobster industry, enjoy lunch or dinner in one of the local restaurants to enjoy freshly caught fish and seafood. There are many points of interest to explore including Flamingo Pond, Wades Green Loyalist Plantation, Cottage Pond and Horse Stable Beach
Other attractions for visitors in South Caicos include:
- Kayaking & stand up paddle boarding through the mangroves
- Bone fishing and deep sea fishing are popular as South Caicos is known as the fishing center of the Islands
- Visit Long Cay to see the Iguanas
- Trek along the North shore or just relax on one of the many beautiful deserted beaches.
- The island also hosts the annual BIG SOUTH Regatta held in May each year.
- Explore the Conch Bar caves or hike across the Crossing Place Trail
Click here for more info. on South Caicos: http://tcimall.tc/south-caicos/
Click here for the South Caicos ferry schedule: http://www.tciferry.com/south-caicos-ferry